Re: Odyssey-2 on Linux

Neoklis Kyriazis

I run mine on a gigabit switch. You can assign a static IP address
https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Protocol2-Programmers/releases
HPSDRProgrammer_web_v0.2.7_linux.tar.gz
I tried it but it also doesn't talk to the Odyssey. I changed the Ethernet
cable too, to a Cat 6 to be sure but it makes no difference.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Ethernet and networking so I am
finding it difficult to troubleshoot. Here is what I have found out so far:

The firmware in my Odyssey is the original AOP 1.10.

If I disable dhcp, ifconfig only reports the lo local interface. Don't know if
this means that Ody doesn't have a static IP address?

If I run dhcpcd, ifconfig reports Ody's Ethernet connection with an IP address
of 169.254.169.245 so presumably there is some communication with Ody?

I am not sure, is the Odyssey-2 in its original "factory" condition as sold, ready
to work or should I be loading FPGA firmware each time I want to use it?

Pardon my ignorance! and thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ