Re: Odyssey-2 on Linux

Steven Wilson

Look at PiHPSDR and LinHPSDR - both can talk to the ODY2.

Steve

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:11 AM Neoklis Kyriazis via Groups.Io <nkcyham=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all

After all this time since buying one of the first Odyssey-2's, I now find my self ready to get it going. But on a Linux platform will be difficult. I have successfully compiled ghpsdr but it will not discover the Ody-2 rig. I don't know if ghpsdr can work with the Odyssey-2 as it is, in the original state it was when it went on sale.

I guess were I need help at this stage is about the steps needed to make Ody-2 ready to work. I am not sure whether any firmware need to be loaded first before ghpsdr is started, or whether it includes code to initialize Ody-2 itself.

I would be grateful for any info or hints on this, perhaps by anyone who succeeded with Odyssey-2 on Linux.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ