The Odyssey-2 and 50W PA go on DX-pedition to Madagascar !

David Fainitski

Alex K2BB and his friend Paul UU0JR will be active as 5R8R from Nosy Be Island (IOTA AF-057), Madagascar during November 19-29, 2018

They are planning to have typical 160-10m CW/SSB/Digi dx-pedition activity and participate in CQ WW CW contest in multi-single category, maybe multi-two if we have enough operators...

They will have 2 stations...
Radios, so far: Kenwood TS-590, Icom IC-7300, Elecraft KX3 just in case, Odyssey 2 SDR for fun, one radio will have Elecraft KPA-500 amplifier, second station will be 100W
Antennas, so far: 2 verticals covering 160-80-40-30m, a Spiderbeam for 20...10m and possibly a Beverage if we have enough space for it.

He also invites other radio amateurs to join in this trip.

https://dx-world.net/5r8r-madagascar/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209639427662170&set=a.1869227150086&type=3&theater