Re: [ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Re: Shipto - Custom declaration

Neoklis Kyriazis

Thanks Jan!

I will keep this info to use next time, assuming I will again import anything! ;-)

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ

On Sunday, January 14, 2018, 12:07:10 PM GMT+2, Jan Verduyn Jan.Verduyn@... [ody-sdr] wrote:

It is very important is to have the correct Harmonized Commodity code  (HS Code) for the imported goods stated in in the Custom’s declaration for your COUNTRY. If this is not done then the Custom officer concerned can use their discretion which how they class the goods if no HS code is provided.

Please note that HS codes change in time especially for Electronic equipment.

For example 8525 2080 900  used to be the correct description for the importation of Amateur Radio Transceivers in 2005-2010 of Elecraft K2/K3 transceivers and no import duty was payable. Of course VAT was charged.

however that category is now no longer a valid HS code in the UK.

http://dutycalculator.com/    used to be very helpful. Although a commercial organization they allowed you

to make two enquiries to find the correct HS code and the duties payable in a variety of countries worldwide without charge.

Unfortunately this service is no longer available.

I am currently using HS code 8525.60   for which the description is:  Transmission apparatus incorporating reception apparatus.
This item is currently zero rated for import duty but of course 20% VAT is payable as well as the clearing fee.

For import of parts or sub-assemblies look at 8529 and select the correct sub category.

The above is just for information,   I happily stand corrected if anybody has more accurate information.

Jan