Re: [ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Re: Shipto - Custom declaration

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David

My Odyssey-II has arrived and I collected it from the customs. I had to pay also 217 euro customs duty + VAT so this is more or less what would be expected in european countries.

The package contained the Odyssey + one DC supply plug. Unfortunately though I found a long scratch on the front panel which I may have caused myself, when I had to open it for the customs with a knife they gave me. Not a big problem but if possible I would like to replace it, so please let me know if you could send me one, I will of course cover all cost. It should be possible to send it as a small packet.

I now will have to supply it with power and try to test it on my Linux computer. I will look for suitable software and run it. Can you remind me, what is the maximum safe voltage? my Yaesu supply is about 13.8V for ham transceivers.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ