From: ody-sdr@... [mailto:ody-sdr@...]
Sent: שבת 30 דצמבר 2017 07:09
To: ody-sdr@...
Subject: [ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Happy The New 2018 Year !

Hello, People

On the eve of the New Year, it  is customary to sum up and make plans for the next year.

What do we have at this moment ?  Beautiful and modern SDR transceiver, the possibilities of which have not yet been completely unclosed.

Next year I will make a new bootloader that will be able to change firmware of the transceiver, the microcontroller and of course its own. Thus, it will not be necessary to disassemble the transceiver each time for connecting the programmers.

Next step -  a new firmware with its own protocol, which implements exceptional features for the modern SDR transceiver in 2018. All the resources of the transceiver - 8 receivers and 1 transmitter, can be accessed independently from each other for different programs.

This means that for example, working w! ith Thetis as usual, it is possible to run the skimmer with 5 receivers connected to the second ADC with wideband antenna. A special control program will manage resources, transfer a signal to virtual audio cables and emulate other protocols.

The implementation of the new protocol into the programs will be slow enough, so the new bootloader will support the selection at the start up to three different firmware. That is, you can always start the simple openHPSDR  protocol without having to change the firmware every time.

Next year I plan to finish the 20 Watts amplifier for Odyssey  and start designing another - 500 Watts amp.

I guess next year will be very interesting for us.

Happy New Year !

David

and 73! N7DDC