Re: [ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Firmware with support the old openHPSDR protocol for Odyssey-2

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David

Thanks for keeping us informed. I would like to take the opportunity to
ask here about the communication protocols or API that is used to control
odyssey etc via Ethernet. I like to write my own software for linux as a
hobby and have written some apps that work with SDR receivers (rtl-sdr,
sdrplay and perseus), but these are via a usb interface. You can see my
efforts here: http://www.5b4az.org/

I though have little knowledge of ethernet comms so I would like to know
what system is used to connect with odyssey. Is it sockets? or some other
system? I would like to know so I can get started studying and hopefully
manage to learn enought to handle an odyssey sdr or similar!

Thank you.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ