Mark Noble has spent 7 years building a fine model of Ffestiniog Railway Hunslet 2-4-0 STT ‘Blanche’ modelled in oil burning form as she looked around the new millennium. Built from an EDM kit featuring:
- 14mm gauge – O14.
- Electrical pickups on the driving wheels and tender wheels.
- Full suspension including pony truck (not tender).
- Working Stephenson’s valve gear between the frames which operates the piston valves.
- Constant gap tender draw bar.
- DCC chip in the tender, can be converted to DC in seconds by unplugging the decoder and inserting a connector.
- Zamzoodled couplings.
- Figures from the S&D Models Pheonix 43 range.
- Various details added from photographs as the kit was built such as the double jointed smoke box door hinge.
Lots more photos in the O14 album here: https://groups.io/g/o14/album?id=60861