group wiki

John C

Edited

I have made a simple start on a group wiki which can be found here:wiki. If possible we will move a lot of the o14 group material here - probably into dedicate sections and pages.

Please feel free to contribute, although please ask the moderators (via a post on this thread) before doing any major structural changes.

julian_saxton

Hi everybody,
Well I managed to login ok and I must say everything looks really excellent.

John C

I've done some more updates:
  • added Manufacturers and Suppliers from the group website - many thanks to those who have added and corrected these
  • added the Standards from the group website
  • added a Hall of Fame - with two sub pages thus far for Giles' End of the Line and David's Rhyd
I would really like this to be something we all contribute to, not just me and the other moderators.

John

David Rae

Thanks John, very helpful.

Nonneminstre [chunky whitemetal kits] is not on the list, anyone know if they are still in business? They have a website but I got no response to an email enquiry last year. I think the proprietor is on NGRM.

David

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 20:35, John C via Groups.Io <jclutterbuck2001=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I've done some more updates:
  • added Manufacturers and Suppliers from the group website - many thanks to those who have added and corrected these
  • added the Standards from the group website
  • added a Hall of Fame - with two sub pages thus far for Giles' End of the Line and David's Rhyd
I would really like this to be something we all contribute to, not just me and the other moderators.

John

Paul Fisher

John,

I've been in touch with Peter on a couple over occasions over past few months and it appears they are still in business all be it in a limited way (his words not mine). Last December the only 7mm kit they had available was the mine loco but Peter did say they hoped to have some of the other models this year.

Just to confirm it Peters email address is peter@....

Paul

Nonneminstre [chunky whitemetal kits] is not on the list, anyone know if they are still in business? They have a website but I got no response to an email enquiry last year. I think the proprietor is on NGRM.

David

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 20:35, John C via Groups.Io <jclutterbuck2001=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I've done some more updates:
  • added Manufacturers and Suppliers from the group website - many thanks to those who have added and corrected these
  • added the Standards from the group website
  • added a Hall of Fame - with two sub pages thus far for Giles' End of the Line and David's Rhyd
I would really like this to be something we all contribute to, not just me and the other moderators.

John

John C

Thanks David and Paul - I've added them to the page

A plea to everyone - you should all be able to edit the page yourselves

John

Paul Holmes

Just to try it out, I’ve started a Dinas 1869 slot on the WIKI. I will try and add to it as the layout re-emerges from its period of hibernation.

Chris Veitch

Edited

Hi John,

It's a good start and the Suppliers page is very welcome. It might be worth adding that although www.backwoodsminiatures.com is still working, they haven't been trading for some time (although this made clear on their site now).

Regards,

Chris

David John

Hi Paul.  Excellent as ever!  Dinas is one of my favourite layouts but IMHO it should feature on the Hall of Fame sub-directory rather than just lurking on a random Wiki page.

Looking forward to seeing it again as we are now near neighbours - well, at least, in the same country!

Cheers
David
Website: www.rhyd.weebly.com

Paul Holmes

Hi David
Thanks. I was trying to get it into the Hall of Fame bit, but failed in my haste to read the guide properly...  Could one of the administrators ( JC I expect) put it into the right place please? Do we get invites to the Cleveland Ohio model train show once in the Hall of Fame...
Well done on getting the photo section across from Yahoo.

John C

I cleaned up the pages a bit and revised the instructions. The main change is to drop O14 from the page names as of course we also want other finescale 7mm layouts here. @paul I hope we are going to see some of Hulme End o17.5 here soon.

John C

Edited

I'm slowly copying posts over from the o14group website into the wiki Hall of Fame - and a new section for Techniques and Tools. When I've copied the post over I'm deleting the o14group website entry. Some of them have out of date links and missing images so they are just getting pruned. If anyone wants to help please let me know.
John

John C

You may have noticed the wiki is steadily filling up with content from the o14group website. This is largely down to the sterling efforts of David J & Robin E of this group.

John

Robin Edwards

Whilst it has been possible to move much of the content across, there were some items where either the links had disappeared and no alternative could be found (e.g. I haven’t found any working site for the Ashover Railway Society) or the accompanying photos had gone.  So, if you think one of your contributions has not been moved please feel free to update the wiki site (it must be easy if I can do it!).

We haven’t moved any of the trade announcements as these are probably out of date and should be covered under the Suppliers area.

Cheers,

Robin

You may have noticed the wiki is steadily filling up with content from the o14group website. This is largely down to the sterling efforts of David J & Robin E of this group.

John

Robin Edwards

Thanks Paul, I did look at that and yesterday it said that the domain name was up for sale!

I will add that item back in.

Cheers,

Robin

You may have noticed the wiki is steadily filling up with content from the o14group website. This is largely down to the sterling efforts of David J & Robin E of this group.

John

Paul Martin

The fact that the first item is an apology for it being a temporary version and you finding the domain was up for sale yesterday suggests someone probably forgot to pay the fees.

On 15 Mar 2018 09:40, "Robin Edwards" <robinglos@...> wrote:

Thanks Paul, I did look at that and yesterday it said that the domain name was up for sale!

I will add that item back in.

Cheers,

Robin

You may have noticed the wiki is steadily filling up with content from the o14group website. This is largely down to the sterling efforts of David J & Robin E of this group.

John

Robin Edwards

Thanks Paul, I just noticed that message! At least I don’t feel quite so stupid now.  I’ve added the item under Resources with an appropriate update note.

Cheers,

Robin