Topics

Mystery photo Tuesday - the Junction

Steve W

Edited

There are several junctions in New Zealand in the past that this could have
been, I think I can work out which one it is can you? What other junctions
are similar.

There's one distinctive thing I can see that I've cropped out of the photo -
a clue!

Steve W

Graeme Wilson

Early Melling to the left and AVA to the right

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 at 23:48, Steve W <stevewatts2018@...> wrote:

There are several junctions in New Zealand in the past that this could have
been, I think I can work out which one it is can you? What other junctions
are similar.

There's one distinctive thing I can see that I've cropped out of the photo
-
a clue!

Steve W

David Parsons

Stillwater??

David P

There are several junctions in New Zealand in the past that this could have
been, I think I can work out which one it is can you? What other junctions
are similar.

There's one distinctive thing I can see that I've cropped out of the photo -
a clue!

Steve W

R.H. MIDDLETON

Those look like side dumping wagons so not as old as it perhaps looks, maybe 1950's.

Junction for Roxburgh branch or junction for Opunake Branch?

Ross

Trevor & Jenny Cheer

Stillwater...

TC

There are several junctions in New Zealand in the past that this could have
been, I think I can work out which one it is can you? What other junctions
are similar.

There's one distinctive thing I can see that I've cropped out of the photo -
a clue!

Steve W

Allan Neilson

Yes Stillwater - I can pick out the 3.3kv signals power pole-line - a
giveaway to me.

There are several junctions in New Zealand in the past that this could have
been, I think I can work out which one it is can you? What other junctions
are similar.

There's one distinctive thing I can see that I've cropped out of the photo -
a clue!

Steve W

Robert M

I think Stillwater or Ohakune.