Topics

Mystery Loading bank June 2 2020

Steve W

Edited

Greetings all - not the most spectacular rail shot I've ever taken but this
system.

I can give clues as required

Steve W

R.H. MIDDLETON

Given that there is so little in the shot to give a clue as to its location to get the ball rolling I'll say Rolleston.

Ross

Steve W

Fair enough Ross - unfortunately the only photo I can find of this structure, however this is at a well known station that was once a junction in the South Island.

I was wondering if anybody recognised this before issuing clues.

Steve W

--
Steve W

Peter Ross

Studholme?

Peter

On 2/06/2020 9:38 am, Steve W wrote:
Fair enough Ross - unfortunately the only photo I can find of this structure, however this is at a well known station that was once a junction in the South Island.

I was wondering if anybody recognised this before issuing clues.

Steve W

Given that there is so little in the shot to give a clue as to its location to get the ball rolling I'll say Rolleston.

Ross

https://www.avg.com

Steve W

Good try - it is on the SIMT but in the province of Canterbury

Steve W

Fair enough Ross - unfortunately the only photo I can find of this structure, however this is at a well known station that was once a junction in the South Island.

I was wondering if anybody recognised this before issuing clues.

Steve W

Fair enough Ross - unfortunately the only photo I can find of this structure, however this is at a well known station that was once a junction in the South Island.

I was wondering if anybody recognised this before issuing clues.

Steve W

Given that there is so little in the shot to give a clue as to its location to get the ball rolling I'll say Rolleston.

Ross

https://www.avg.com

Steve W

Not Rakaia - interestingly I have a lot of old photos of this station and this particular area where this loading bank was found is hardly covered in the photos.

Steve W

Good try - it is on the SIMT but in the province of Canterbury

Steve W

Fair enough Ross - unfortunately the only photo I can find of this structure, however this is at a well known station that was once a junction in the South Island.

I was wondering if anybody recognised this before issuing clues.

Steve W

Given that there is so little in the shot to give a clue as to its location to get the ball rolling I'll say Rolleston.

Ross

https://www.avg.com

--
Steve W

Steve W

Edited

I've found a photo of this loading bank in better days - this is a heavily cropped photo courtesy Wilson Lythgoe(thank you)

[...]

Robert M

Rolleston?
Robert

[...]

Tony Hurst

Washdyke?

Tony Hurst

[...]

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Peter Ross

Tinwald?

Peter

On 2/06/2020 10:43 am, Steve W wrote:
[...]

Sorry - I seem to have lead you astray, this isn’t Canterbury

Steve W

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 11:17 am, Peter Ross <peterr@...> wrote:

Tinwald?

Peter

On 2/06/2020 10:43 am, Steve W wrote:
I've found a photo of this loading bank in better days - this is a
heavily cropped photo courtesy Wilson Lythgoe(thank you)

Steve W

Good try - it is on the SIMT but in the province of Canterbury

Steve W

Given that there is so little in the shot to give a clue as to its
location to get the ball rolling I'll say Rolleston.

Ross

https://www.avg.com

Brian McKenzie

Pukeuri?