From: nz-rail-geography@groups.io <nz-rail-geography@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jenner, Ian
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 11:26 AM
To: nz-rail-geography@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nz-rail-geography] Leaked report: 'Give the $2m back' expert says after Manukau harbour preferred over Northland's Marsden Point port ... ("NZ Herald"):

I think, generally, Auckland business has made its mind up that the port should stay where it is. These reports are being commissioned by other bodies with their own agendas & values. It is totally nonsensical to suggest the port should be at Manukau, for many reasons, not least the impossibility of getting decent sized ships through the heads.The rest of NZ needs to understand that Auckland has its own dynamic & people need to accept that. It is economical stupidity to suggest moving the port anywhere at present or in the forseeable future.
Ian Jenner

--
Steve W

Join nz-rail-geography@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.