Re: Monday Mystery - Railway Long Gone

Steve W

Actually - I'm convinced now that this is the Waipa River Bridge - the background looks different today with houses and trees. I first visited this site in about 1971 and it was like this (I've spent all day thinking about it). This was a dairy farm and I walked the formation between the main road and the river

I'm trying to find a current photo

Steve W

-----Original Message-----
From: nz-rail-geography@groups.io <nz-rail-geography@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve W
Sent: Monday, 23 July 2018 2:39 PM
To: nz-rail-geography@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nz-rail-geography] Monday Mystery - Railway Long Gone

Yes - I'm wondering it it's the Waipa River Bridge abutments on the Glen Massey Line...

Steve

From: nz-rail-geography@groups.io <nz-rail-geography@groups.io> On Behalf Of Allan Neilson
Sent: Monday, 23 July 2018 11:14 AM

It is a railway line with significant communications overhead line bearer circuits so unlikely to be a NZ branch line, unless they were old NZPO lines along the rail corridor at that point. Looked to me as if it could be in Australia somewhere??? ...allan neilson

From: nz-rail-geography@groups.io <nz-rail-geography@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve W
Sent: Monday, 23 July 2018 10:50 AM

I think likely to be North Island - contributor Tony Hinton can't recall it. I thought that this was one on the Kaihu Branch but he hasn't been to the branch.

Hopefully we can work it out because I suspect we are likely to have seen it

Steve W

From: nz-rail-geography@groups.io <nz-rail-geography@groups.io> On Behalf Of Malvern
Sent: Monday, 23 July 2018 10:46 AM

Maybe Fairlie Branch

--
Steve W

--
Steve W

--
Steve W

Join nz-rail-geography@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.