Event Site Friday 20 May 2022

Glenn Reichenbach

Great sunny day at the Event site in HR today for Sailworks 5.4m NX, Backbone 400cm mast bottom half, Backbone 430cm mast top half, SB Team Set 900, 115+, 255(-2 shim), SB iSonic 127.  I think Correy rigged Flyer 5.2m.  Many other windsurf foilers and wingers and kiters.

--Glenn R.
_._,_._,_

Evanne Howard

My first day out since October, some impressions….
1. My wetsuit has shrunk
2. My harness has shrunk
3. I saw only 1 other fin sailor. It was all wingers, windfoilers and kiters,
     made me feel like a relic.
4. I am very rusty, need more time on water.
5. Water was refreshing, I dressed for the swim.
6. Sailed for an hour. Not sore today so will go longer next time.
7. I expected more Canadians, maybe gas’s keeping them home?

I used 4.7M/88L Global wave which was just about right. The current wasn’t bad, but I expect it to become really strong in the next few weeks. Water seemed choppier than normal on far side. Chuck had fun skiing, Timberline had a few inches of fresh snow overnight (his back is improving). Next Sunday is the first swap meet of the season.
There is a new wind forecast site for the Gorge by “Victor the Inflictor”. We can always use more help figuring out the wind around here.  It is free, check it out….
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Glenn Reichenbach

Evanne,

Thanks for the link to victortheinflictor.  It will be interesting how it compares or contrasts to gorgeismygym.

Also, they were not requiring payment for parking at the event site as of Friday (no tickets on windshields yet).  If you go online soon and get a season pass, then they will hold it for you, and you can pick it up at the gate house at the Event Site next weekend.

Back in year 2000 I switched from skiing to snowboarding.  Learning curves are always difficult for me, but the rewards in my case are priceless and continue to pay me back in many ways.  New learning curves are proven to prevent grey matter malfunction and decay.

Now, I am still on the learning curve of windsurf foiling and many of my longtime windsurf friends agree that it was the best decision to go in that direction.  Now there are so many of us enjoying this new evolution of the sport to be able to help with tips and help to make the learning curve easier for foil newbies.  I urge you to come over to the underwater dark black exposed carbon side.  Resistance is futile. Go with the flow.

However, I still enjoy a good nuk'n ride on a fin board when the wind is strong, and the waves are big.

Also, they were not requiring payment for parking at the event site as of Friday (no tickets on windshields yet).  If you go online soon and get a season pass, then they will hold it for you, and you can pick it up at the gate house at the Event Site next weekend.

Glenn R.