Last week was a windy start to August in the Gorge #celilo

MHL

Tuesday through Friday (Jul 31- Aug 3) blew after the heat modulated in the west. Still hot out east with 94 degrees and 91 degrees respectively on Tues and Weds in The Dallas.
Three out of four of the days were sub-four meter for me; I sailed a 4.2 on Wednesday and got down to my 3.3 on Friday.
Here's a one minute 4K video of some windy conditions. You can see the burnt hills from the milepost 90 fire that started Tuesday evening and threatened Wishram, WA. It lit up the night time sky and made for a memorable experience.
It was like a dinosaur reunion at Ceeleelo with a lot of familiar faces showing up during the week.

YouTube Vid (4K)
Windy Gorge

JayO

Good vid!  What model camera was used for this and did it have image stabilization?

MHL

JayO,
GoPro Hero 6 ($399) mounted on a helmet; Yes, it has digital stabilization. There are some mountain biking examples with stabilization turned off and using a gimbal (Chest) on my YT channel: Mark HL

JayO

Thanks for the info... I've had contour cameras and continue to use a +2 model, but for sailing need stabilization and your gorge vid suggests GoPro did a good job with it.  I've been reluctant to use GoPro due to the form factor where I would certainly shear the camera off my helmet tree skiing, so I'm wanting something with similar (contour style) side helmet close in mounting.  Still looking.
Jay