Some Gorge sailing last weekend #maryhill #celilo #helmetcam

MHL

Edited

First time sailing after a 643 day layoff. Don't fall off ladders... 
Celilo - Power Jibe

Maryhill - Playing on the swell

Celilo - Chasin' Mark

Don Ledford

Nice - yes - avoiding the ladders

On 06/27/2018 08:29 AM, m148h173l wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Celilo - Power Jibe <https://vimeo.com/277187732>

Maryhill - Playing on the swell <https://vimeo.com/277210207>

Celilo - Chasin' Mark <https://vimeo.com/277210441>
_._,_._,_

Evanne Howard

Last weekend you looked like the same old “Smooth Operator”, you didn’t miss a beat! Wish you would have gotten Gunther on video, 80 years old and still stylin’, an inspiration to everyone. Will remember to stay off ladders!

Jim Schmitt

Good seeing you; it had been a while. Both you and Evanne looked good . Currently on the coast down at Pistol River

On Jun 27, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Evanne Howard <winddiva@...> wrote:

Last weekend you looked like the same old “Smooth Operator”, you didn’t miss a beat! Wish you would have gotten Gunther on video, 80 years old and still stylin’, an inspiration to everyone. Will remember to stay off ladders!

Greg Mejlaender

Great little vids... very nice sailing!!

Is that a new camera, with new settings?  This vid seems to show the terrain (size of the swell, chop, steep ramps) better than some cameras, or maybe all older cams.

Anyway THAT is some choppy water, with lots of big swell and steep ramps. Of course, it's been a while since I've been out east on a 30 mph day (some of these clips were about 30 mph wind, weren't they?). So maybe all average, good, Gorge days out east look like this... and I've just forgotten cause it's been so long, haha!
Greg - 

From: nw-windtalk@groups.io <nw-windtalk@groups.io> on behalf of m148h173l <m371h841l@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:29 AM
To: nw-windtalk@groups.io
Subject: [nw-windtalk] Some Gorge sailing last weekend #Maryhill #Celilo #helmetcam

[Edited Message Follows]

Celilo - Power Jibe

Maryhill - Playing on the swell

Celilo - Chasin' Mark

MHL

Greg,
GoPro Hero 6 with stabilization turned on. Mounted on a helmet. I have a remote on my right wrist. I also use a feiyu-tech WG2 gimbal for mountain biking to get really smooth video. I may try that next time I sail.

Greg Mejlaender

Very cool... this stuff just keeps getting better... and more convenient... amazing technology!!

From: nw-windtalk@groups.io <nw-windtalk@groups.io> on behalf of Mark HL <m371h841l@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [nw-windtalk] Some Gorge sailing last weekend #Maryhill #Celilo #helmetcam

Greg,
GoPro Hero 6 with stabilization turned on. Mounted on a helmet. I have a remote on my right wrist. I also use a feiyu-tech WG2 gimbal for mountain biking to get really smooth video. I may try that next time I sail.

Darius Lajauskas

Does it feel heavy on helmet, does motors transfer noise? How did you mount it? Any pic.

I have regular feiyu gimbal, love it, so smooth, you can run, jump stays rock solid.

Thanks

Darius

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018, 8:31 AM Greg Mejlaender <gregnw44@...> wrote:
Very cool... this stuff just keeps getting better... and more convenient... amazing technology!!

From: nw-windtalk@groups.io <nw-windtalk@groups.io> on behalf of Mark HL <m371h841l@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [nw-windtalk] Some Gorge sailing last weekend #Maryhill #Celilo #helmetcam

Greg,

MHL

Edited

Greg,

YouTube and Vimeo compress the heck out of the video file and it loses a lot of resolution. I put a video of Maryhill in my Dropbox public folder you can download to see how clear the image really is. 
Keep in mind this is shot at 1920x1080 30fps and the camera shoots in much higher resolutions including 4K. 
Download option on this link 
Download Link (173 MB)

Note: That's Evanne's 12 year old Angulo I'm riding...

MHL

Darius,
Gimbal is waterproof, however I have not tried it windsurfing yet. I think it would be heavy on the helmet. I don't notice the camera weight itself and the stabilization option is fairly good. 
Here's a picture of how I have the WG2 setup for mountain biking. Works well. I don't notice the weight on the chest. 
Gimbal WG2 - Chesty..