Re: Waterstart Weekend, Postpone?

Wright Wataoka

Yeah, sometimes old lessons sink in when you need them most desperately.   I’m often glad I was kinda paying attention, when things go south spectacularly!   ;-P.

Thanks for your help.
The only weekend I’m actively trying to stretch now is Labor Day, but now that it’s not just me, I’ll be working on another August opportunity.
Thanks again,

Sent from my mobile

On Aug 5, 2022, at 08:51, Rick Martin <segler999@...> wrote:

I agree.  It is great to teach the important stuff on land and drill it pretty hard there.  The problem is that the ole brain and muscles forget too easily if you don't get out into the water and drill it out there.  Makes a big difference.

Postponing away from this windless weekend works for me since I was going to have some trouble making it after spending most of this week in Seattle on airport duty (but yes, got to get onto the water at Browns Point on Tuesday with Giovanni).

Later weekends are better for me.  I would like to help.

Hmmm, no wind.  The walleye are calling.

Rick

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 12:30 AM Greg Mejlaender <gregnw44@...> wrote:
Thanks Wright !!!
Was your "most committed waterstarter candidate"... Troy ???
Because I've been texting with him a lot about this... so I'm wondering if he was about the only solid 'student'?

Anyway, thanks for this possible 'make-up clinic'. I hope there's WIND on Labor Day weekend, and that Troy can make it.

And hopefully some more folks, that want EXCELLENT info on "learning about high wind windsurfing' as well, can be there!
Like many before have said - learning solid water-starts, is the key skill needed for high wind sailing.

But, there is a lot more as well, cause everything is different, if your only experience is light wind windsurfing in the Puget Sound area. For example. learning HOW to carry your gear around in high wind... and how to rig your kit, in high wind.

There is a LOT that's critical to learn about... regarding high wind windsurfing! So whether it's blowing only 10 mph... or gets good, as is blowing 20 or 30 mph... Wright is an awesome instructor with MANY years experience teaching these things.
And this is a very valuable offer on his part. In person, face to face, is WAY better than watching youtube vids !!!