Nice Wind at Paterson...

Rick Martin

...but it stops there.

Well, you don't know unless you go out and try it.

I used to sail formula at Paterson if I didn't want to drive further down to Roosevelt.  It was great.

However, there is a HUGE difference between a 70 cm formula fin and a 105 cm "fin" with a big airplane attached on the bottom.

What I found out is that Paterson has 3/4 mile of 8' deep level  flat that is weed hell, all the way out to the green navigation marker.  Wow.

I rigged 5.7/SR140/SAB950 and got some rides but it was mostly de-weeding.  Really boring and tiring.

OK, scratch that one off the list for foiling.  Now we know.

Rick