Re: Lake Katchess on a foil?

Rick Martin

I have sailed there before.  Just like Lake Cle Elum, you will have your best luck when the wind has a strong north component.  If the wind is mostly west, which is the usual thing, the wind rolls over the ridge and makes for unreliable sailing.  That said, it is always worth taking your gear along.

Rick

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:34 AM Eric Eckstein <ericeckstein@...> wrote:
Has anyone sailed Lake Katchess?  I've got a camping trip there planned for this weekend and was debating whether to bring along the windfoil gear.  The wind forecast looks promising at least, but being between two mountain ridges, I'm not sure I have much confidence in any wind forecast.