Yes, Roosevelt is open!
—Glenn R.

Sent from my cell phone

On Oct 17, 2020, at 8:27 AM, Rick Martin <segler999@...> wrote:

Looks like the main park is open again.

Rick

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM Dr. Canard via groups.io <glenngjr=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had a good feeling based on the forecast that it would be another good day of steady strong west winds at Roosevelt.  This time because of a nasty cloud that pretty much just hung overhead most of the afternoon the winds were not ideal but we all made the best of what we were given.  When I first went out about 1:30pm with Sailworks 4.2m Hucker and 85L Wave Score conditions were gusty with some holes.  I was also out there about 4:30pm when the gusts felt like about 50 mph.  After failing to make a water start after falling in on a jump landing, I stretched open the neck of my wetsuit to take on some water for ballast and then I was able to make a water start on the next try.

Yesterday was a low wind day so I did a Sevenmile Hill bike ride.

--Glenn R.

Attachments: