Calling out to the community #nvdacon #important

Robert Hänggi

Dear translators
The NVDACon is just around the corner and its program is so diverse
that we couldn't actually find an overall theme for it. 😉
Now, I need your help to express the global motto
"NVDA is everywhere"
with your own voice.
In other words, grab your mic, your laptop, your phone or your wax
cylinders and record just that phrase above in your own language and
also in English.
You can also add concrete places where one might encounter NVDA, for instance:
"At the post office - it's there"
"Calling a friend - here you go"

The easiest way for recording or uploading your snippet is probably:
https://beta.vocaroo.com/
Either activate the "Clickable" to record or browse for a file and
send me the link
aarjay.robert@gmail.com

The uploaded/recorded file will automatically expire after a while.

These snippets will be used in the countdown to the keynote.
(thus, numbers/time units would be appreciated as well)
Please don't let me down unless you want to hear just my voice...
Thanks to all that participate.
Best wishes
Robert

Karl Eick

Hmm, don't really want to do it at this very moment because I have a
cold. Doesn't sound that good then, does it? Also, my mike isn't the
best, but if all that doesn't matter, I'll gladly do it.

Am 31.10.2019 um 20:45 schrieb Robert Hänggi:

[...]

Hi Karl.
It really doesn't matter.
It will be somewhat buried within the music and has to be equalized anyway.
Also, you can ask around you for contributions - children, wives,
grand parents, all are welcome.
Thanks very much
Regards
Robert

On 31/10/2019, Karl Eick <hozosch@web.de> wrote:
[...]

Ok, and what exactly do you mean by time units? Should they be in the
file name or how do you imagine this? Can you provide examples?

Am 31.10.2019 um 21:54 schrieb Robert Hänggi:

[...]

As you might know, the countdown is essentially announcing the
remaining time until the keynote starts, such as
"three minutes remaining"
time is not treated equally in all languages but it essentially boils
down to those snippets in your language:
"four minutes"
"three minutes"
"two minutes"
"one minute"
"half a minute"
"10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1"
So, one could record numbers one to 10 and the time units separately
but I'm pretty sure that I would mess it up when I had to assembly
them by myself (e.g. "Eine Minuten"...).
But again, really important are the two phrases, everything
additionally supplied might or might not be used - depending on the
number of submissions.
Best
[...]

Hi again,

Ok, so, if I understand correctly, it's best to have it all in one file,
including the time units in English and, in my case, German? And how
should I record the time units? Should I say "four minutes" then wayt
until the minute's over, and then move on to three? Or should I just
record it in one go?

Regards,

Karl

Am 31.10.2019 um 23:01 schrieb Robert Hänggi:

[...]

Just wait a second before the next word, I will split it all up eventually.
The order doesn't matter either (although it is good for some
languages as I wouldn't know the meaning without the pairing English -
Native)
Cheers
Robert

On 01/11/2019, Karl Eick <hozosch@web.de> wrote:
[...]

Ok, I would start the recording now, and I would create two files for
English and my native language. Is that ok? Or does it *have to* be in
one file?
Am 01.11.2019 um 11:55 schrieb Robert Hänggi:

[...]

One file is enough but not mandatory.
You can make another take later, if your cold is too bad right now but
it is great to have a starting point.