Topics

Why is the folder lib64 locked on non running copies?

Brian's Mail list account

I was clearing out some of the temporary copies on my hard drive so I have just got the latest stable in both portable and installed, the latest beta and the latest RC and the Alpha Python three all as portables and no thresholds.
However as I had used all of them to remind be which was which, when I tried to delete the folders it said lib64 was in use on all of them even though I was now running the installed stable.
Is this to be expected?
Of course a reboot of Windows stopped this.

Bill Dengler

This is expected behavior.

Bill

On Aug 1, 2019, at 04:27, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I was clearing out some of the temporary copies on my hard drive so I have just got the latest stable in both portable and installed, the latest beta and the latest RC and the Alpha Python three all as portables and no thresholds.
However as I had used all of them to remind be which was which, when I tried to delete the folders it said lib64 was in use on all of them even though I was now running the installed stable.
Is this to be expected?
Of course a reboot of Windows stopped this.

OK but would you not think it would swap to the latest one run?
I guess its a windows thing!