Topics

Why is the folder lib64 locked on non running copies?

Brian's Mail list account

I was clearing out some of the temporary copies on my hard drive so I have just got the latest stable in both portable and installed, the latest beta and the latest RC and the Alpha Python three all as portables and no thresholds.
However as I had used all of them to remind be which was which, when I tried to delete the folders it said lib64 was in use on all of them even though I was now running the installed stable.
Is this to be expected?
Of course a reboot of Windows stopped this.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

Bill Dengler

This is expected behavior.

Bill

On Aug 1, 2019, at 04:27, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I was clearing out some of the temporary copies on my hard drive so I have just got the latest stable in both portable and installed, the latest beta and the latest RC and the Alpha Python three all as portables and no thresholds.
However as I had used all of them to remind be which was which, when I tried to delete the folders it said lib64 was in use on all of them even though I was now running the installed stable.
Is this to be expected?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Brian's Mail list account

OK but would you not think it would swap to the latest one run?
I guess its a windows thing!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Why is the folder lib64 locked on non running copies?

This is expected behavior.

Bill
On Aug 1, 2019, at 04:27, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Is this to be expected?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.