Topics

Visual Studio IntelliSense: progress update, some additional thoughts posted in GitHub

Hi all, especially Visual Studio users,

After talking to Microsoft engineers, I decided to tackle the following problem in hopes of providing guidance for anyone wishing to resolve it:

Preliminary results indicate that tracking UIA item status event might be a viable way to resolving this problem (NVDA 2019.1 and later). The remaining issue is suppressing code editor text output while browsing intelliSense suggestions.

Also, I added a note about how to deal with UIA events in that issue in hopes that some of you might find it useful. Basically, if you want to find out which UIA event NVDA is meeting throughout its run, install Windows 10 App Essentials add-on (Windows 10 Version 1803 and later), restart NVDA with debug logging enabled, and see what the log viewer says (this is sort of my first go to tool when I need to troubleshoot an issue with features in Windows insider Preview builds; in fact, modern keyboard support (including support for emoji panel) was possible thanks in part to this method).