Topics

update regarding addon workflow

Mesar Hameed

Dear Friends,

After my original proposal, and Reef's proposal, and the various feedback we have had on both mailing lists, we will review everything and
will come up with a unified solution.

Considering the closeness of 2019.3, and the various work that addon authors have to do with regard to python 2 to 3 migration, additional
metadata etc, we ask you to please continue working as before the migration from bitbucket, with the exception that all the repos are now on
github.

If you can get into the habbit of topic branches, pull requests, and reviewing each others work that would be great.

If you took the time to read the proposed workflows, thank you, we will get back to you.

Thank you for reading.
Mesar

Noelia Ruiz

Thanks for clarification. Tomorrow I will review pr 2 for Weather Plus
by Abdel and will merge into master. Also, I will update placeMarkers
dev requesting a review at least from Abdel too, open to others.
This will make braille follows the cursor properly when moving to
bookmarks, dealing with vision framework. I have a braille display at
home at this moment and today have realise about this inconvenience,
which can be fixed using obj._set_selection(info) instead of
info.updateSelection().

Dear Friends,

After my original proposal, and Reef's proposal, and the various feedback we
have had on both mailing lists, we will review everything and
will come up with a unified solution.

Considering the closeness of 2019.3, and the various work that addon authors
have to do with regard to python 2 to 3 migration, additional
metadata etc, we ask you to please continue working as before the migration
from bitbucket, with the exception that all the repos are now on
github.

If you can get into the habbit of topic branches, pull requests, and
reviewing each others work that would be great.

If you took the time to read the proposed workflows, thank you, we will get
back to you.

Thank you for reading.
Mesar

Cyrille

Hello

Thanks for all work.

What about add-ons that were using directly the Bitbucket repo as main repo?
I am thingking about Instant Translate on which Beqa had the right to merge
the pull requests?
Are the right transferred on Github? Can Beqa merge now my PR on this
add-on?
If no, should a separate fork become the main add-on's repo?

Cyrille

After my original proposal, and Reef's proposal, and the various feedback we
have had on both mailing lists, we will review everything and will come up
with a unified solution.

Considering the closeness of 2019.3, and the various work that addon authors
have to do with regard to python 2 to 3 migration, additional metadata etc,
we ask you to please continue working as before the migration from
bitbucket, with the exception that all the repos are now on github.

If you can get into the habbit of topic branches, pull requests, and
reviewing each others work that would be great.

If you took the time to read the proposed workflows, thank you, we will get
back to you.

Thank you for reading.
Mesar

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, as a person who helped Mesar, I confirm that instantTranslate is available on GitHub nvdaaddons organization, as well as all maintained add-ons previously available on BitBucket. Not sure if Beqa has a personal repo for this add-on too or if pull requests have to be sent there befor, but maintained add-ons should be available on GitHub.Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 19 ene 2020, a las 22:21, Cyrille via Groups.Io <cyrille.bougot2=laposte.net@groups.io> escribió:

[...]

When we were using Bitbucket, Beqa used to integrate directly the Pullrequests in the NVDA addons organisation's repo.
He was expecting to have the same rights in GitHub nvdaaddons organization. So, unless I am mistaken, he does not have a personal repo for this add-on.
So my question was: who has the right to merge the following PR:
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/instantTranslate/pull/1
If Beqa does not have the right to do it, how does he validate it as the current maintener (and co-author) of this add-on?

@Beqa:
If you have any news on this, let me know.

Cyrille

Hameed Envoyé : dimanche 19 janvier 2020 20:35 À :
nvda-devel@groups.io; nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io Objet :
[nvda-devel] update regarding addon workflow

Dear Friends,

After my original proposal, and Reef's proposal, and the various
feedback we have had on both mailing lists, we will review everything
and will come up with a unified solution.

Considering the closeness of 2019.3, and the various work that addon
authors have to do with regard to python 2 to 3 migration, additional
metadata etc, we ask you to please continue working as before the
migration from bitbucket, with the exception that all the repos are now on github.

If you can get into the habbit of topic branches, pull requests, and
reviewing each others work that would be great.

If you took the time to read the proposed workflows, thank you, we
will get back to you.

Thank you for reading.
Mesar

Hi,
As I wrote a while ago (and affirmed by add-on release workflow proposed by Mesar and Reef), people should be working from their own personal repositories, not from nvdaaddonns organization version of the repo. The organization version is meant for exchanging localization and release data, not as the primary development repo. As such, I will not review any pull requests for nvdaaddons repo changes if the PR does not come from personal repos. This applies to not just Instant Translate, but also other ones where Bitbucket repo was used as primary development repository.

[...]

@Joseph:
Thanks for clarification. And sorry not to have read carefully all e-mails.
@Beqa:
When you have created a personal repo for InstantTranslate, let me know so that I can make (again) a PR. Thanks.
Cheers,
Cyrille