Topics

UIAutomation problems

francisco del roio

Hello,

I again, posting problems regarding to UIAutomation support.

Sometimes focus events aren't reported by NVDA, as well occurs with
other events such elementSelected, or liveRegionChange, or reported too
late, about 3 seconds later than expected (instantly).

It occurs in various applications, but this is particularly annoying in
Visual Studio and (sometimes) in windows explorer.

Note that I have a good machine and it is ridiculous to have these
problems these days, taking account the time UIA is with us.

Some of you that know more about UIAutomation, please talk about it and
let's find a solution for these problems, or (almost) the source.

Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

francisco del roio

Responding to myself...

El 11/6/2019 a las 07:04, francisco del roio escribió:
Hello,

I again, posting problems regarding to UIAutomation support.

Sometimes focus events aren't reported by NVDA, as well occurs with
other events such elementSelected, or liveRegionChange, or reported too
late, about 3 seconds later than expected (instantly).
I have to add that this is too random to predict when it will occur.
--
Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

Hello there,

To make sure, could you also test this with last alpha builds?

Regards,
Leonard

Op 11 jun. 2019 om 12:04 heeft francisco del roio <francipvb@...> het volgende geschreven:

El 11/6/2019 a las 09:04, Leonard de Ruijter escribió:
Hello there,

To make sure, could you also test this with last alpha builds?

Regards,
Leonard
I'm running the latest alpha build.

Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes it would be interesting to know whether the fact that a certain shark like screenreader still having a display chaain driver might be their fix for this shortcoming in uia.