Topics

UIA Multiline edit fields

francisco del roio

Hello all, specially to developers who have knowledge of UIA...

Is there a way to detect multiline edit fields in UIA? I was
investigating but there is something I'm missing.

Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

Michael Curran

Hi,

There is currently no property on UIA elements that can communicate if a text field is multiline or not. I have made requests to Microsoft on several occasions in the past to get this added.

Mick

On 11/19/2019 3:34 PM, francisco del roio wrote:
Hello all, specially to developers who have knowledge of UIA...

Is there a way to detect multiline edit fields in UIA? I was
investigating but there is something I'm missing.

Cheers,

Hey Francisco,

It looks like all UIA multi line edit controls get a role of document and have the UIA_DocumentControlTypeId. Could be wrong, though.

Regards,

Leonard

Op 19-11-2019 om 05:34 schreef francisco del roio:

Hello all, specially to developers who have knowledge of UIA...

Is there a way to detect multiline edit fields in UIA? I was
investigating but there is something I'm missing.

Cheers,

Michael Curran

This is probably true for rich content such as Microsoft Word documents and such. However, textareas in Edge for example don't use the document controlType last time I checked, and therefore we cannot tell the difference between  a single line text field or multiline textarea field in some cases.

Mick