Topics

UIA handler code

francisco del roio

Hello,

I was looking the code for UIA property changed event handler and I
found this chunk:

source/_UIAHandler.py, line 345
import NVDAObjects.UIA
if (
isinstance(focus, NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA)
and self.clientObject.compareElements(focus.UIAElement, sender)
):
pass
Why this pass instruction? What's the problem with property changes in
focused objects?

I'm looking into this because I found that value changed events aren't
fired for objects with unknown role, not sure if this applies to a
particular object or to NVDA.

The object in question is the signature help popup in Visual Studio.

Thanks,
--
Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

francisco del roio

El 17/10/2019 a las 07:26, francisco del roio escribió:
source/_UIAHandler.py, line 345
import NVDAObjects.UIA
if (
isinstance(focus, NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA)
and self.clientObject.compareElements(focus.UIAElement, sender)
):
pass
Ah, I stopped here, but looking forward it makes no sense anyway...
--
Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

derek riemer

Are you trying to ask a specific question?

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:31 AM francisco del roio <francipvb@...> wrote:
El 17/10/2019 a las 07:26, francisco del roio escribió:
> source/_UIAHandler.py, line 345
>>              import NVDAObjects.UIA
>>              if (
>>                      isinstance(focus, NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA)
>>                      and self.clientObject.compareElements(focus.UIAElement, sender)
>>              ):
>>                      pass

Ah, I stopped here, but looking forward it makes no sense anyway...
--
Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.