Topics

Superantispyware button names no longer read

Brian's Mail list account

Hi I may have mentioned this before, but in the Python 3 Alpha branch the buttons mostly say button on thee main page of this software when focus is moved to it, but on the latest stable the buttons say what they do.
I know this piece of software can be a pain at times, but generally it works if you launch it from the tray via the update menu item, and then click OK when it is done and then the page reads as focus is properly passed to it.
As I say. I wondered how come this should be so different in the Alpha snap. I guess I could cobble together a ticket with logs etc, but the look of the logs apart from the spoken words seems to be the same.

James Scholes

The log content may be the same, but the primary reason to file a ticket is to allow NVDA contributors to track and prioritize. If there's a bug (which there clearly is), please file an issue.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 09/09/2019 at 8:26 am, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi I may have mentioned this before, but in the Python 3 Alpha branch the buttons mostly say button on thee main page of this software when focus is moved to it, but on the latest stable the buttons say what they do.
I know this piece of software can be a pain at times, but generally it works if you launch it from the tray via the update   menu item, and then click OK when it  is done and then the page reads as focus is properly passed to it.
As I say. I wondered how come this should be so different in the Alpha snap. I guess I could cobble together a ticket with logs etc, but the look of the logs apart from the  spoken words seems to be the same.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I can't confirm that. Using latest Win10, latest SuperAntiSpyware and latest NVDA Alpha SuperAntiSpyware reads all
buttons as it did all the time.

Cheers,
Ralf

Hi I may have mentioned this before, but in the Python 3 Alpha branch the buttons mostly say button on thee main page of
this software when focus is moved to it, but on the latest stable the buttons say what they do.
I know this piece of software can be a pain at times, but generally it works
if you launch it from the tray via the update menu item, and then click OK
when it is done and then the page reads as focus is properly passed to it.
As I say. I wondered how come this should be so different in the Alpha snap. I guess I could cobble together a ticket
with logs etc, but the look of the logs apart from the spoken words seems to be the same.

This is windows 7, and 2019.2 reads them but not in the alpha snaps, it just says button.
Weird.

Maybe its uia is more capable in 10 than 7, and the fall back does not work so well in apalphas?

Hi I may have mentioned this before, but in the Python 3 Alpha branch the buttons mostly say button on thee main page of
this software when focus is moved to it, but on the latest stable the buttons say what they do.
I know this piece of software can be a pain at times, but generally it works
if you launch it from the tray via the update menu item, and then click OK
when it is done and then the page reads as focus is properly passed to it.
As I say. I wondered how come this should be so different in the Alpha snap. I guess I could cobble together a ticket
with logs etc, but the look of the logs apart from the spoken words seems to be the same.

Lukasz Golonka

I cannot confirm on Windows 7 x64. NVDA reads all buttons. Have your
tried with a clean config without any add-ons etc?

--
Regards
Lukasz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralf Kefferpuetz" <ralf.kefferpuetz@...>

Hi I may have mentioned this before, but in the Python 3 Alpha branch the
buttons mostly say button on thee main page of
this software when focus is moved to it, but on the latest stable the
buttons say what they do.
I know this piece of software can be a pain at times, but generally it
works
if you launch it from the tray via the update menu item, and then click
OK
when it is done and then the page reads as focus is properly passed to
it.
As I say. I wondered how come this should be so different in the Alpha
snap. I guess I could cobble together a ticket
with logs etc, but the look of the logs apart from the spoken words seems
to be the same.

Yes did that before.
I'm going to have to find another machine or do a reinstall then.
Another odd thing is that auto update of the snap is not functioning either, even though manual update does work.