Topics

Suggestion for the user guide from a user of spanish community

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

First of all, thanks for your attention: this is my first post on this list.
I would like to bring up a suggestion from an NVDA's user, member of an NVDA's mailing list created by me for the spanish community.
This person, named Carlos Esteban, is suggesting to include practical examples (like activities) to explain use cases for object navigation, review cursor and Windows 10 OCR. He argues that many users coming from JAWS ask how the NVDA's cursor can be activated, and that the hierarchical object navigation could be better understood including a section in the user guide, with an example as following:
- Press Windows+m to move to desktop.
- Use object navigation commands...
He explains that the basic training module has this kind of examples, but some people can't purchase it.
Should we create an issue or PR for this, or do you prefer to store this on wikis or dedicated websites?
You can see the topic in Spanish at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/topic/31886737#708

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

Hi,

I Think it's a very good idea, because, in Portugal, there are lots of nvda's users who don't hunderstand this mechanisms

Thanks
Ângelo Abrantes

--
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

---

Actually there are lots of people everywhere who do not get it. It took me a while to figure it out by imagining a number of layers of glass each painted with a different pattern, but looked at from the front you could not tell they were on separate bits of glass.