Topics

Selection re-appears when editing file names in explorer

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
Is it only my machine that¨s behaving stupid or does anyone else see this?
Sometimes when I press F2 to edit a file name in explorer and I press left arrow so the selection disappears and the cursor moves to the start of the file name the file name gets selected automatically again. Regardless of how I make the selection disappear it appears immediately again.
If you're not aware that this happens you'll overwrite the original file name and probably the text you just wrote too.

Is this NVDA or Explorer that missbehaves?

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
--
Karl-Otto Rosenqvist
MAWINGU
Orgnr: 750804-3937
+46 (0)701 75 98 56
karl-otto@...

James Scholes

Does this happen in all folders? I've seen it happen in Dropbox, presumably because the Dropbox shell extension is doing something wrong behind the scenes (or something right and its Windows's fault). Either way, it doesn't happen everywhere.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 05/08/2020 at 3:12 pm, Karl-Otto Rosenqvist wrote:
Hi!
Sometimes when I press F2 to edit a file name in explorer and I press left arrow so the selection disappears and the cursor moves to the start of the file name the file name gets selected automatically again. Regardless of how I make the selection disappear it appears immediately again.
If you're not aware that this happens you'll  overwrite the original file name and probably the text you just wrote too.
Kind regards
Karl-Otto

Brian's Mail list account

Well I do notice sometimes some lag in what nvda thinks is selected and what actually is sometimes. I put this down to UIA issues. Its even there in windows 7 if you have a large folder or several folders open at once.
Not sure where the problem lies but the same thing occurs if scrolling up and down, and then copy a file you often end up with the wrong file!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:12 PM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Selection re-appears when editing file names in explorer

Hi!
If you're not aware that this happens you'll overwrite the original file name and probably the text you just wrote too.

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
--
Karl-Otto Rosenqvist
MAWINGU
Orgnr: 750804-3937
+46 (0)701 75 98 56
karl-otto@...