Topics

Screen Curtain add-on is officially legacy (end of life) #addonrelease

Hi NVDA community,

As of November 30, 2019, Screen Curtain add-on is hereby declared legacy and end of life. Screen curtain functionality is included in upcoming NVDA 2019.3. The last version of this add-on (released today) will remain on community add-ons website under “legacy” section until NVDA 2019.3 stable is released, at which point it’ll be removed.

IMPORTANT: the last version of Screen Curtain add-on (dated November 30, 2019) will not install on NVDA 2019.3 or later in any form; the last version to be made compatible is NVDA 2019.2.1.

I would like to thank the NVDA community for many feedback on this add-on for the last year or so. A special thank you to Leonard de Ruijter for permission to let me release this add-on to the community and working on integrating screen curtain into NVDA itself.

Lukasz Golonka

Hello,

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 09:43:46 -0800
"Joseph Lee" <@joslee> wrote:

The last version of this add-on (released today) will remain on
community add-ons website under {{"legacy" section until NVDA 2019.3
stable is released, at which point it'll be removed.

This decision makes no sense in my opinion. On the one hand we are
creating section for legacy add-ons that is add-ons which are not
working with the latest NVDA version, but on the other hand, if
functionality of these add-ons is incorporated into the core you've
decided to remove them when stable version of NVDA containing this
feature comes out.
What is the difference between add-on which doesn't work with the latest version
of NVDA and add-on which is incorporated into the core, but is still
perfectly useful and working for those who cannot use latest version
for whatever reason

--
Regards
Lukasz