Topics

Questions About Getting the NVDA Source

Jim Homme

Hi,

Before I read the instructions in the readme.md file on the NVDA repository, I forked a copy of the NVDA repository to my GitHub account. I see that those directions do not talk about forking. Should I have forked a copy?

Also, I cloned my copy of the repository to my local machine, but I did not use the ---recursive option. Should I do that part again?

Thanks.

Jim

==========

Jim Homme

Digital Accessibility

Bender Consulting Services

412-787-8567

https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

Arnold Loubriat

Hello Jim,
If you want to submit pull requests to NVDA's repository, you of course need to fork it first on your GitHub account.
Once you've cloned your own fork on your local machine, if you forgot to grab the submodules using the `--recursive` flag, you can always use the `git submodule --init` command that will perform the same actions.
Don't forget to make sure you have all the dependencies required to build the source, and always remember to type `scons source` to prepare the code. After that you should be able to build your copy of the software just fine.
Best regards.

Arnold

Jim Homme

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for this answer. I happened to see the command you talked about below. I executed that. That brought up another question with me. If I only want to change the English documentation, do I need to follow the process you  talk about below, rebuilding the source? I will also go and see if I can figure out the answers. Let me know if I’m clogging up the list with elementary things.

Thanks.

Jim

==========

Jim Homme

Digital Accessibility

Bender Consulting Services

412-787-8567

https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

If you want to submit pull requests to NVDA's repository, you of course need to fork it first on your GitHub account.
Once you've cloned your own fork on your local machine, if you forgot to grab the submodules using the `--recursive` flag, you can always use the `git submodule --init` command that will perform the same actions.
Don't forget to make sure you have all the dependencies required to build the source, and always remember to type `scons source` to prepare the code. After that you should be able to build your copy of the software just fine.
Best regards.

Arnold

Marlon Brandão de Sousa

You can for k and use yours version. You will need to use the recursive option .. at this point I recomend you clone a new copy using that option

Obrigado,
Marlon