Topics

Question about writing AppModule for band-in-a-box

Rich Caloggero

I would like to make a stab at Band-in-a-box. There are some excellent jaws scripts out there, but nothing I've found for NVDA.

It is a hugely busy UI, and much of it seems to be visual fluff, but I think getting the very basics of the chord chart working and a couple of key dialogs like the style picker would be possible.

My question: is there a way to pause the AppModule thread for some amount of time? I believe I'm seeing some issues where I'm trying to read some text with NVDAObject.basicText, and am getting lots of extraneous stuff which might be due to the UI updating as I'm querying it.

Thanx for any info / advice.

-- Rich