Topics

problems opening the task manager

ChrisLM

Hi,

before open a issue, can someone else try to open the windows task manager with control+shift+escape, or run taskmgr?

I have encountered serious  problems in the task manager dialog using last NVDA rc3, last alpha and running the source master...

cheers,

--
Chris.

DaVid

You're talking about the slow response when opening the task manager?
Its a very known issue, but some people thought that is not relevant to solve. I installed the task manager of windows 7, where all the tings work properly.

Regards,
David CM
Ingeniero en computación (ITCR)
Experto certificado en NVDA.
correo: dhf360@...

Encuentra mis proyectos libres en github.
y las publicaciones en mi canal de youtube.

Suscríbite y aprende en mis grupos de correo y facebook:
Programación accesible:
Envía un correo de suscripción a la dirección: programacionaccesible+subscribe@...
O participa en Programación accesible en Facebook.

tiflotronica: Si te gusta la electricidad y los chips ¡Aprende y aporta sobre este tema tan apasionante!
Envía un correo de suscripción a la dirección: tiflotronica+subscribe@...
Si te gusta la producción o ejecución de instrumentos musicales, participa en Músicos ciegos y de baja visión en facebook.
También puedes hacer tus consultas sobre tu lector de pantallas favorito en la comunidad de NVDA en español (facebook)

El mié., 5 feb. 2020 a las 16:40, ChrisLM (<llajta2012@...>) escribió:
Hi,

before open a issue, can someone else try to open the windows task
manager with control+shift+escape, or run taskmgr?

I have encountered serious  problems in the task manager dialog using
last NVDA rc3, last alpha and running the source master...

cheers,

--
Chris.

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, me too. Maybe related to recent Java support?
This is listened and shown in speech viewer:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\jabswitch.exe terminal
The Java Access Bridge has been

If you run source master, not an installed copy, though Java support
is not enabled from NVDA itself, maybe affected by a previous try if
you didn't restart the computer?
David is mentioning some previous issues, but I think this can be different.
Also, years ago NV Access worked on performance issues also related to
task viewer:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/commit/020e3f63349357f06ac1bf7f1c62ac4dd66e99d1

Hope this helps

before open a issue, can someone else try to open the windows task
manager with control+shift+escape, or run taskmgr?

I have encountered serious  problems in the task manager dialog using
last NVDA rc3, last alpha and running the source master...

cheers,

--
Chris.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes they certainly do. I just tried it I blame Microsoft buggy UIA as usual.

You're talking about the slow response when opening the task manager?
Its a very known issue, but some people thought that is not relevant to
solve. I installed the task manager of windows 7, where all the tings work
properly.

Regards,
David CM
Ingeniero en computación (ITCR)
[image: Experto certificado en NVDA.] <https://certification.nvaccess.org/>
correo: dhf360@...

Encuentra mis proyectos libres en github. <https://github.com/davidacm/>
y las publicaciones en mi canal de youtube.
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYnnJZQLYHd7g0R3UcJ9-lg>

<https://facebook.com/groups/235117436637120>

<https://facebook.com/groups/590594451020594>
<https://facebook.com/groups/298402187029900>

El mié., 5 feb. 2020 a las 16:40, ChrisLM (<@Christianlm>) escribió:

Hi,

before open a issue, can someone else try to open the windows task
manager with control+shift+escape, or run taskmgr?

I have encountered serious problems in the task manager dialog using
last NVDA rc3, last alpha and running the source master...

cheers,

--
Chris.

Brian's Mail list account

How come it works so well in Windows 7, though?

[...]

James Scholes

The task manager in Windows 10 is completely different to the one in Windows 7. It has some significant problems, and many people would probably say it was worse than the previous incarnation (myself included).

With that said, though, the purpose of this thread isn't really clear. @ChrisLM, could you expand on the problems you're experiencing with the Task Manager, or opening it, or whatever specific area of functionality isn't working? I've just pressed Ctrl+Shift+Escape, the Task Manager opened, so what next?

@Noelia, the Task Manager isn't written in Java, so I'm not sure what any Java issues have to do with it.

Regards,

James Scholes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>
[...]

I'm trying to understand more its behavior.
In practice, after open the task manager and press down arrow the speech synthesis stops speaking. All screen reader commands do not work, and often  NVDA needs to be restarted.
When I press ctrl+TAB to switch tabs NVDA announces unknown, sometimes NVDA says nothing.
I'm testing the latest alpha versions and running NVDA from source,
on Windows 10Ver1909 (64-bit) build 18363.592.

Cheers,

Chris.

James Scholes ha scritto il 06/02/2020 alle 22:22:

...the purpose of this thread isn't really clear. @ChrisLM, could you expand on the problems you're experiencing with the Task Manager, or opening it, or whatever specific area of functionality isn't working?  I've just pressed Ctrl+Shift+Escape, the Task Manager opened, so what next?

Cyrille

Hello

At home with 2019.3rc3, disabling ColumnReview add-on fixes this issue.

Cheers,

Cyrille

[...]

Hi Cyrille, I did my tests without any addons installed, the problem persists.

thanks,

Chris.

Cyrille via Groups.Io ha scritto il 06/02/2020 alle 23:36:

At home with 2019.3rc3, disabling ColumnReview add-on fixes this issue.

Noelia Ruiz

In case this is useful, here the problem not always persist. Maybe
useful info provided by NVDA+f1?
I have got isCocusable True and False in different presses of the
keystroke. Now:

Developer info for navigator object:
name: 'Lista de elementos'
role: ROLE_DATAGRID
roleText: None
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED, STATE_READONLY
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA object at 0x07054A30>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <class 'object'>)
location: RectLTWH(left=35, top=159, width=663, height=410)
value: ''
appModule: <'taskmgr' (appName 'taskmgr', process ID 8396) at address 680b390>
appModule.productName: 'Sistema Operativo Microsoft® Windows®'
appModule.productVersion: '10.0.17763.802'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 3605710
windowClassName: 'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 1442840576
extendedWindowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 6304
windowText: ''
displayText: 'Aplicaciones (2)Firefox (3) 0% 274,9 MB 0 MB/s 0 Mbps
MAdministrador de tareas 44,8% 21,5 MB 0 MB/s 0 Mbps AlProcesos en
segundo plano (51)Aislamiento de gráficos de disp... 0% 8,2 MB 0 MB/s
0 Mbps MAntimalware Service Executable 0,3% 57,2 MB 0 MB/s '
(truncated)
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x58eb7a8 at 52d0260>
UIA automationID: ScrollViewer
UIA frameworkID: DirectUI
UIA runtimeID: (8396, 1812311296, 343)
UIA providerDescription: [pid:8396,providerId:0x0 Main(parent
link):Unidentified Provider (unmanaged:Taskmgr.exe)]
UIA className: TmScrollViewer
UIA patterns available: ValuePattern, ScrollPattern,
LegacyIAccessiblePattern, GridPattern, SelectionPattern, TablePattern