Topics

PR with appVeyor build failing

Cyrille

Hello

I have submitted a PR for NVDA: #10212.
However the appVeyor build fails with the following message:

vocalizeChangeTracking 97341fe0
Failed 4 hours ago in 1 min 38 sec
Error sending GitHubPullRequest notification: Error commenting on GitHub pull request: {"message":"Validation Failed","errors":[{"resource":"IssueComment","code":"unprocessable","field":"data","message":"Body cannot be blank"}],"documentation_url":"https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/comments/#create-a-comment"}

Any idea what it is due to?
If I need to make modifications, should I push a new commit? Will the PR be updated accordingly?
In this case, do I need to squash the 2 commit or let them independant.

Moreover, new commits have been pushed to master. Should I rebase my branch on master? Or merge master into my branch? (this seconde one seems a bad idea...)

Thanks,

Cyrille

Abdel

Hi Cyril,

I'm not sure, but apparently, your initial comment has a Markdown formatting error in the numbered list contained in the "Testing performed" section.

Try to re-edit your initial comment by correcting this formatting error and see if it corrects the problem.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 13/09/2019 à 14:50, Cyrille via Groups.Io a écrit :
Hello

Error sending GitHubPullRequest notification: Error commenting on GitHub pull request: {"message":"Validation Failed","errors":[{"resource":"IssueComment","code":"unprocessable","field":"data","message":"Body cannot be blank"}],"documentation_url":"https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/comments/#create-a-comment"}

If I need to make modifications, should I push a new commit? Will the PR be updated accordingly?

Moreover, new commits have been pushed to master. Should I rebase my branch on master? Or merge master into my branch? (this seconde one seems a bad idea...)

Thanks,

Cyrille

Cyrille

Hello Abdel

Thanks for replying. What is the formatting issue and how to fix it?

Actually the code portion (gestures.ini modification) is not part of the list whereas I’d prefer it to be integrated in the 1. Item. However is this a formatting error?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Cyrille

De : nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> De la part de Abdel
Envoyé : dimanche 15 septembre 2019 13:19
À : nvda-devel@groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda-devel] PR with appVeyor build failing

Hi Cyril,

I'm not sure, but apparently, your initial comment has a Markdown formatting error in the numbered list contained in the "Testing performed" section.

Try to re-edit your initial comment by correcting this formatting error and see if it corrects the problem.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Hello

Thanks,

Cyrille

Cyrille

Hello again

I have pushed a new commit with only translator comments modified. Now the build ends up with Flake8 error. How can I analyze it?

Thanks,

Cyrille

De : nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> De la part de Cyrille via Groups.Io
Envoyé : dimanche 15 septembre 2019 22:39

Hello Abdel

Actually the code portion (gestures.ini modification) is not part of the list whereas I’d prefer it to be integrated in the 1. Item. However is this a formatting error?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Cyrille

Hi Cyril,

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Hello

Thanks,

Cyrille

Hi,

You need to run scons lint base=origin/master and read the output carefully.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cyrille via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:40 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] PR with appVeyor build failing

Hello again

I have pushed a new commit with only translator comments modified. Now the build ends up with Flake8 error. How can I analyze it?

Thanks,

Cyrille

De : nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> De la part de Cyrille via Groups.Io
Envoyé : dimanche 15 septembre 2019 22:39

Hello Abdel

Thanks,

Cheers,

Cyrille

Hi Cyril,

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Hello

Thanks,

Cyrille

Luke Davis

I saw that. There was a link in that email (which I no longer have), can you not look at that to see the errors? I never tried looking through one of those, other than seeing that they go to appveyor's site.

Would the Appveyor console messages have it?

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019, Cyrille via Groups.Io wrote:

derek riemer

I believe there is a txt file in the appVeyor artifacts with the exact failures.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
I saw that. There was a link in that email (which I no longer have), can you not
look at that to see the errors? I never tried looking through one of those,
other than seeing that they go to appveyor's site.

> I have pushed a new commit with only translator comments modified. Now the build ends up with Flake8 error. How can I analyze it?

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com

Abdel

Hi Cyrille and all,

Derek is right, the detail of the error is present in the log.

Here is the log page and below, the detail from line 226 to 239:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/NVAccess/nvda/builds/27387406

interfaceAction(["source\comInterfaces\FlashAccessibility.py", "source\comInterfaces\__pycache__\FlashAccessibility.cpython-37.pyc"], ["source\typelibs\FlashAccessibility.tlb"])
scons: *** [source\comInterfaces\FlashAccessibility.py] ModuleNotFoundError : No module named 'comtypes.gen.FlashAccessibility'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\projects\nvda\include\scons\src\engine\SCons\Action.py", line 1202, in execute
    result = self.execfunction(target=target, source=rsources, env=env)
  File "C:\projects\nvda\source\comInterfaces_sconscript", line 27, in interfaceAction
    comtypes.client.GetModule(source)
  File "C:\projects\nvda\include\comtypes\comtypes\client\_generate.py", line 146, in GetModule
    return _my_import("comtypes.gen." + modulename)
  File "C:\projects\nvda\include\comtypes\comtypes\client\_generate.py", line 24, in _my_import
    return __import__(fullname, globals(), locals(), ['DUMMY'])
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'comtypes.gen.FlashAccessibility'
scons: building terminated because of errors.
Command exited with code 2

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 16/09/2019 à 02:12, derek riemer a écrit :
I believe there is a txt file in the appVeyor artifacts with the exact failures.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
I saw that. There was a link in that email (which I no longer have), can you not
look at that to see the errors? I never tried looking through one of those,
other than seeing that they go to appveyor's site.

> I have pushed a new commit with only translator comments modified. Now the build ends up with Flake8 error. How can I analyze it?

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com