From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2019 12:47 PM
To: NVDA Dev list on groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda-devel] Over the Threshold...

So this new snapshot branch then. I noticed that as it was none o of the
current add ons are enabled. So where angels feared to tread go I and
changed them all to tested version of 2019.2.0.
This then brings them all into functioning, and several then do an update.
Note the folder I installed the portable version of Threshold into was an
old test snap with older add ons in it you understand. So basically now it
seems the only add ons that were updated were Resource monitor, Focus
Highlight and add on updater of course.
I have as I say hand amended the manifests of a lot of other wanes just to
see what happens next. So is there a lay persons description of what this
branch is being used for?

Bill Dengler

Speech refactor (#7599).

Bill

On May 5, 2019, at 15:46, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

So this new snapshot branch then. I noticed that as it was none o of the current add ons are enabled. So where angels feared to tread go I and changed them all to tested version of 2019.2.0.
This then brings them all into functioning, and several then do an update. Note the folder I installed the portable version of Threshold into was an old test snap with older add ons in it you understand. So basically now it seems the only add ons that were updated were Resource monitor, Focus Highlight and add on updater of course.
I have as I say hand amended the manifests of a lot of other wanes just to see what happens next. So is there a lay persons description of what this branch is being used for?

Thanks for that. Yes I suspected as much. I was actually impressed how many of the add ons still operate. Obviously the simple ones will, but the others still seem to. Is there an article on the audio changes, and how it might affect different flavours of windows and synth and other sound related add ons?

Project Threshold will be the home for first (intentionally) backwards
incompatible changes to NVDA, namely speech refactor and Python 3
transition. The former is being worked on and is going through some edits
here and there, and I'm working on details of the latter alongside studying
for college finals.

So this new snapshot branch then. I noticed that as it was none o of the
current add ons are enabled. So where angels feared to tread go I and
changed them all to tested version of 2019.2.0.
This then brings them all into functioning, and several then do an update.
Note the folder I installed the portable version of Threshold into was an
old test snap with older add ons in it you understand. So basically now it
seems the only add ons that were updated were Resource monitor, Focus
Highlight and add on updater of course.
I have as I say hand amended the manifests of a lot of other wanes just to
see what happens next. So is there a lay persons description of what this
branch is being used for?

OK thanks I'll go and have a gander at that.