From: NFBCS <nfbcs-bounces@...> On Behalf Of Venkatesh Potluri via
NFBCS
Sent: Tuesday, 8 September 2020 11:49 AM
To: NFBCS@...
Cc: Venkatesh Potluri <venky.92@...>; t-vep@...;
abegel@...
Subject: [NFBCS] Help researchers from Microsoft Research understand
collaborative programming experiences of people who are blind or visually
impaired

Hi,
I am Venkatesh, a research intern with the ability Team at Microsoft
Research. I would like to share details about interviews our research team
is conducting to understand how people who are blind or visually impaired
participate in collaborative programming activities and we would like to
hear from you.
Please find more details including eligibility criteria below. We look
forward to your participation, and would be grateful for your inputs.

Researchers at Microsoft Research are conducting a study to understand how
people who are blind or visually impaired participate in remote,
synchronous code walkthroughs. Code walkthrough is the activity of two
people going over a piece of code using technologies like Visual Studio
Live Share, screen sharing, and audio-video calling apps like Skype, Zoom,
etc.
We are recruiting participants who are age 18 or older, live in the United
States, Canada, or India, are blind, low-vision or visually impaired, and
have worked on code with a team. Eligible participants are invited to take
part in an audio/video recorded remote interview. The interview will be
conducted using a video calling service preferred by the participants, such
as Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or Google Meet. The interview will last
approximately 60 minutes. Participants in the USA will be given a gratuity
of a $50 Amazon gift card, or CAD $67 Amazon gift card if in Canada, or INR
3700 flipcart.com gift card if participants are located in India, upon
completion of the interview.
If you want to sign up for the study, please fill out the form at
https://aka.ms/BLVCollab.
If you would rather not be contacted regarding this in the future or have
any questions about this project, please let us know.
Contact: t-vep@...(Venkatesh Potluri),
Microsoft Research
One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA.

Microsoft Privacy Statement
<https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement>