Topics

Oldschool Highlight Tracking

Jason Meddaugh

Hello. I have a Windows app which uses highlight tracking  to mark the position in a list. SO to NVDA, it sees all of the items in the list as text. The selected item is in a different color than the others.

Window-Eyes, for one, had a way to do highlight tracking since this was more common in older apps.

Is there a way to take an object and grab the text of a specific color? I am still pretty new to add-ons, but it seems like textinfos may be able to do something similar.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Best regards,
Jason Meddaugh, President,

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, hope someone completes the answer.
You my find ideas from the poedit app module, though it tracks bold list items:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/appModules/poedit.py

Also, you may look at DisplayModelTextInfo class:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/displayModel.py

Not sure if this will be useful for you. Just as a suggestion.

Cheers

Hello. I have a Windows app which uses highlight tracking  to mark the
position in a list. SO to NVDA, it sees all of the items in the list as
text. The selected item is in a different color than the others.

Window-Eyes, for one, had a way to do highlight tracking since this was
more common in older apps.

Is there a way to take an object and grab the text of a specific color?
I am still pretty new to add-ons, but it seems like textinfos may be
able to do something similar.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Best regards,
Jason Meddaugh, President,
A T Guys
http://www.atguys.com
(269) 216-4798

Brian's Mail list account

Might be of interest to anyone who has some knowledge if you can name the program and version. Is it still available?

Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Yes, it's SAM Broadcaster.

They've used the same interface for at least 10 years.

Best regards,
Jason Meddaugh, President,
A T Guys
http://www.atguys.com
(269) 216-4798

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>
[...]

derek riemer

We tried to get this to work in NVDA for dictation bridge. unfortunately, it doesn't work without regressing the performance of NVDA terribly, which is why our displayModel code does not support highlight coloration.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.