Topics

nvdaControllerClient.dll

Vincent Le Goff

Hi everyone,

Sorry for insisting on this topic, but as a developer I would appreciate if my applications remain accessible despite the change in NVDA's programming language.  In short: will I need to update the nvdaControllerClient.dll file to "talk" to NVDA?  And if so, how will I maintain compatibility with people using older versions of NVDA?  I admit I have no idea if a dll file built for Python 2 will need to be updated for Python 3, but the date is drawing near and I will need to know what to do, if I don't want to run the risk of my applications becoming inaccessible to NVDA users.

Thanks in advance!

Vincent

James Scholes

The controller client is implemented in C++, so is not necessarily subject to direct changes during the Python 3 transition. I would expect any internal changes to NVDA's speech and other frameworks to be handled in a backward-compatible way.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 24/09/2019 at 11:44 am, Vincent Le Goff wrote:
Hi everyone,
Sorry for insisting on this topic, but as a developer I would appreciate if my applications remain accessible despite the change in NVDA's programming language.  In short: will I need to update the nvdaControllerClient.dll*file to "talk" to NVDA?  And if so, how will I maintain compatibility with people using older versions of NVDA?  I admit I have no idea if a dll file built for Python 2 will need to be updated for Python 3, but the date is drawing near and I will need to know what to do, if I don't want to run the risk of my applications becoming inaccessible to NVDA users.*
*
*
*Thanks in advance!*
*