Topics

NVDA sound settings.

DaVid

Hi there.

We can set the sound device output for the synthetizers. But this
doesn't affect the general NVDA's sounds.E.G. tones, start NVDA
sound,ETC.
I usually use two audio cards, and sometimes I need NVDA on another
card. Its easy when I use DAWs like reaper, but difficult on less
specialized software.E.G. browsers.
Sometimes I want to play E.G. videos on youtube. Then I want to send
the signal via my dedicated apogee or roland cards, to listen them
from my studio monitors.
Firefox hasn't the option to change the sound output, so I need to
change it from the windows system settings and then, change the NVDA's
synthesizer output.
But since it doesn't affect the general sounds, is very annoying if
NVDA plays a sound; worse with my monitors at high volume.
So the sound output option should be moved to general settings I think.

I decided to comment here vefore open an issue. Its easy to solve, I think.
I have other issues when I use two or more cards, but I can live with
them. Those issues are present on another screen readers also.

Regards,
DaVid.

Feature request: NVDA sound control shortcut · Issue #9416

DaVid

Hi. I don't see how it could be related wwith my first message.
I just want when we change NVDA sound ouput device, this setting
applies for all NVDA's sounds and not the synths only.
Is not difficult for me to change the device, but I can't change the
ouput for NVDA's general sounds.