Topics

[nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

Rui Fontes

Hello!

The problem is not how to know what character is...

The problem is that this NVDA version causes a serious problem and we are not yet absolutly sure which add-on is the culpry... and why...

For me, it is a show stopper problem...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 09:05 de 30/01/2020, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:

Hi

are you talking about the add on that after a second or 2 would say the letter  it was on like A  for alfa B for bravo etc.

I just can not think what that add on name was called.

are you aware also you can find out what the letter is on the numeric keypad if using the review cursor

Hitting the number 2 of the numeric keypad 2 times would say it like that or 5 on the numeric key pad would do the word if hit 3 times..

Gene nz

On 30/01/2020 9:47 pm, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

Hi Quentin,

Reading by character stopped for me in this version as well as in any alpha version newer than 28th Jan.

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2020 01:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

Hi everyone,

As you are all quick off the mark, this isn't completely new news, but confirming that yes, NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 is now available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta3-now-available-for-testing/ 

This is slight progression from the previous beta so you shouldn't notice too many big changes - of course as always happens, as we move closer to the final release, we don't put as many big new features in, but rather try to ensure that everything is stable and fix bugs people have reported in previous betas.

If you do encounter any issues, please do report them: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues  If you could also clarify whether they are new issues or existing issues (which hadn't previously been reported) that would be really helpful - both are important to know about, but being able to pinpoint when something started being an issue helps narrow down where to look for a fix.

All things going well, this will be the last beta before the release candidate, which will be just before the final stable release.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager