Topics

NVDA add-on Developer toolkit 2020.1.1 is now available!

Andy B.

Hi,

The NVDA add-on, Developer toolkit, is now available for download. You can find it here: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/2020.1.1. This version improves Unicode support by explicitly defining Unicode strings that are compatible with Python 3. All users of DTK should test the Unicode support with NVDA 2019.1 and later. I am more interested in the results people have with NVDA alpha snaps moving forward. Please test and let me know your results, good or bad

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

Tage Johansson

Hi,

Seems like a very interesting addon and I should probably try it out soon.

I think that even if it may be obvious, it is good practise to have a section in the README which describes how to install the addon.

Nearly every README I've seen on github describes how to install/compile/run it, or there is at least a link to an installation guide. I think that a such installation instruction helps alot for new users who just want to try it out.

This was just a small pedantic suggestion, and I'm sorry if you think that I dig to deep into details.

Best regards,

Tage

On 9/24/2019 5:10 PM, Andy B. wrote:

Hi,

The NVDA add-on, Developer toolkit, is now available for download. You can find it here: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/2020.1.1. This version improves Unicode support by explicitly defining Unicode strings that are compatible with Python 3. All users of DTK should test the Unicode support with NVDA 2019.1 and later. I am more interested in the results people have with NVDA alpha snaps moving forward. Please test and let me know your results, good or bad

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

Andy B.

Noted for the next release…