Topics

Mouse tracking and NVDA Highlighter

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
I'm visually impaired and use the mouse tracking. In the latest alpha there's a category for Vision where you can enable Focus Highlighting.

If I enable it and start the Windows Console it just says "NVDA Highlighter" instead of the text under the cursor. If I uncheck the feature again the text under the mouse in the Console window is spoken.

Is this by desing or a result of a work in progress implementing this new feature?

Kind regards

Karl-Otto

--
Karl-Otto Rosenqvist
Mawingu

Hello Karl-Otto,

Were you using Alpha portable or as an installed copy while testing this? In the latter case, this is definitely not expected behaviour. In that case, could you please file an issue at github?

Regards,

Leonard

Op 24-11-2019 om 20:18 schreef Karl-Otto Rosenqvist:

Hi!
I'm visually impaired and use the mouse tracking. In the latest alpha there's a category for Vision where you can enable Focus Highlighting.

If I enable it and start the Windows Console it just says "NVDA Highlighter" instead of the text under the cursor. If I uncheck the feature again the text under the mouse in the Console window is spoken.

Is this by desing or a result of a work in progress implementing this new feature?

Kind regards

Karl-Otto

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Good morning!
It’s the installed alpha snapshots on both my iMac and MacBook Pro... yes, I’m running Win 10 on both of them and it works like a champ! I ran JAWS on my MacBook Pro and it was sooo sluggish I was about to purchase a new machine when I tried NVDA and... I got me a new machine! Much lighter on the hardware thus snappier. Anyway, I’ll try to figure out how to file a bug at GitHub.

Cheers!

Karl-Otto
MAWINGU
0701-75 98 56
https://mawingu.se
Orgnr: 750804-3937

25 nov. 2019 kl. 07:32 skrev Leonard de Ruijter <alderuijter@...>:

[...]

Never mind Karl-Otto,

I've already solved the bug and will file a pull request pretty soon. Thanks for reporting!

Regards,

Leonard

Op 25-11-2019 om 07:41 schreef Karl-Otto Rosenqvist:

[...]

Pulling faster than your shadow!

Thanks!

Karl-Otto
MAWINGU