Topics

Joseph Lee's add-ons going forward: NVDA 2019.3 optimized add-ons to go out in January, staged rollout

Hi everyone,

Given that NVDA 2019.3 will see more betas than usual, along with the possible release window being early 2020, I’d like to provide a status update on all my add-ons (including ones leaving my nest in 2020) so you can prepare yourselves:

  1. NVDA 2019.3 optimized add-ons to be released in January: in January 2020 (starting from the New Year’s Day), NVDA 2019.3 optimized add-ons will be released. This will be done in stages – starting from one or two add-ons that will see compatibility updates, ending with Add-on Updater (NVDA 2019.3 optimized Add-on Updater will be released after 2019.3 stable version is released for sake of compatibility).
  2. Update procedure: once NVDA 2019.3 optimized versions of various add-ons are released, there is no going back. If you are using NVDA 2019.1 or later, you won’t be able to install these add-ons – you need to be using NVDA 2019.3 beta or later in order to install them. In case you are using Add-on Updater, Add-on Updater itself will report that you can’t update to newer add-on releases. I’m thinking about a way to let this add-on report no updates if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier and the stable version of an add-on (or a development build) requires NVDA 2019.3 or later (at least as a temporary measure).