Topics

Introducing our Google Summer of Code 2019 student: Bill Dengler

Michael Curran

Hi all,

On behalf of NV Access I would like to officially welcome Bill Dengler (codeofdusk) to the NVDA project, as our Google Summer of Code 2019 student.

Many people may have already seen Bill around, as he has contributed to the project in the past. But we are very happy to be working with him in an official capacity, under the Google Summer of Code program.

Between now and the end of August, Bill will be working on improving NVDA's support for Windows consoles in Windows 10, by having NVDA take advantage of UI Automation in this scenario.

You can read about NV Access on Google Summer of Code, plus Bill's project abstract at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5317267756154880/

Please join me in making Bill welcome.

Regards

Mick

Jim Homme

Hi Bill,
I am so happy that we have you here. I use NVDA almost all day, every day. You will be helping a lot of people have better lives at work, home, and play.

Jim

==========
Jim Homme
Digital Accessibility
Bender Consulting Services
412-787-8567
https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

On behalf of NV Access I would like to officially welcome Bill Dengler
(codeofdusk) to the NVDA project, as our Google Summer of Code 2019 student.

Many people may have already seen Bill around, as he has contributed to
the project in the past. But we are very happy to be working with him in
an official capacity, under the Google Summer of Code program.

Between now and the end of August, Bill will be working on improving
NVDA's support for Windows consoles in Windows 10, by having NVDA take
advantage of UI Automation in this scenario.

You can read about NV Access on Google Summer of Code, plus Bill's
project abstract at
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5317267756154880/

Please join me in making Bill welcome.

Regards

Mick

Bill Dengler

Thanks! I use NVDA quite heavily myself as well. Definitely looking forward to improving console support and working with all of you!

Bill

On May 14, 2019, at 20:19, Jim Homme <jhomme@...> wrote:

[...]

enes sarıbaş

Hi Bill,

I use the command prompt very regularly, and find the experience very bad with current support, specificly freezing with multiline output, spelling of output etc.

You will definitely change the lives of many by improving command prompt support.

On 5/15/2019 1:19 AM, Jim Homme wrote:
[...]

So I want to know more about you. If this is the wrong forum for this, I apologize and will stop asking here.

Thanks.

Jim

==========
[...]

derek riemer

Welcome Bill! It's amazing to see you here!

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Really great to see you as a GSoC student Bill. I'm sure you will make a difference with your work. I wish you all the best, and am looking forward to looking at your code if time permits.

Regards,
Leonard

Op 15-5-2019 om 04:29 schreef derek riemer:

[...]

Marco Zehe

Welcome, Bill! What an exciting project, given that Microsoft is now also developing the new Windows 10 terminal in the open.

Marco

Am Mi., 15. Mai 2019 um 07:58 Uhr schrieb Leonard de Ruijter <leonard@...>:

[...]

francisco del roio

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsummerofcode.withgoogle.com%2Forganizations%2F5317267756154880%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca78138432f8344fbfc2b08d6d8ca0d93%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636934759651965802&amp;sdata=2DS%2FxZ944tjO9aHsuyU2V1SlIjaSO1j36F21XQahWos%3D&amp;reserved=0

Please join me in making Bill welcome.

Regards

Mick
I'm happy to see a new member of the NVDA project!

Have a nice day 🙌🙌
--
Cuando tus fuerzas terminan, las de mi Dios comienzan.