Topics

How to get QtWebEngine to work like Electron apps

JooYoung Seo

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could advise me on how I can get NVDA to
recognize QtWebEngine UI as being web browsers.

You know, NVDA does recognize Electron apps such as VSCode and Slack
as being glorified web browsers and thus allows navigating them as web
pages.

Currently, I am involved in a project that uses QtWebEngine wrapper
and Chromium rendering engine under the hood.

All Qt accessibility switches are enabled with Chromeium
--force-renderer-accessibility flag.

However, the latest NVDA does not recognize our application as being a web mode.

Any advice on how to tackle this issue would be so much appreciated.

All the best,

JooYoung

--
--------------------
JooYoung Seo, CPACC

Reef Turner

I'd have to investigate carefully and probably need access to your app. Some hints that might help to understand what is happening:

- First make yourself familiar with the developer info for the control (NVDA+F1). This will give you information about the control, may need to look at several of its parents also.
- I would inspect the code in ` source\NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.py` around line 495.

```
elif windowClassName.startswith("Chrome_"):
from . import chromium
chromium.findExtraOverlayClasses(self, clsList)
```

[...]

Thank you very much for your advice.

FYI, I have filed this issue at
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10838 with some reproducible