Topics

Hims braille displays

Patrick ZAJDA

Hello,

It looks like NVDA 2019.2.1 doesn't include the "Hims" folder into brailleDisplayDrivers with the HIMS libraries.

I don't see in the change log when it could have happened.

Shouldn't this folder be included in NVDA distribution?

Thanks,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

Hey Patrick,

We switched to a native Hims driver in 2018.1 I believe. since then, the folder is no longer necessary.

Regards,

Leonard

Op 4-11-2019 om 12:45 schreef Patrick ZAJDA via Groups.Io:

Hello,

It looks like NVDA 2019.2.1 doesn't include the "Hims" folder into brailleDisplayDrivers with the HIMS libraries.

I don't see in the change log when it could have happened.

Shouldn't this folder be included in NVDA distribution?

Thanks,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

Patrick ZAJDA

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for your answer.

I have been contacted by a Hims braille display user who told me her display is not usable with NVDA 2019.2.1, another version which has the Hims folder works.

I'm going to ask for more precision :)

Best regards,

Patrick