Topics

Helpf for 2019.3 and a dll

Alberto Buffolino
 

Hi all,
I'm trying to port an old Braille display driver to 2019.3. I packaged it in .nvda-addon, and under 2019.2 it works. Then, updating to 2019.3, even if there is apparently no error in code, it suddenly works bad.
If I understood correctly, it seems that the DLL, loaded with windll.LoadLibrary, now returns always 0, even if serial port and baud are correct.
Do you have any idea?
You can find repo here:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/mb408sl-driver
Thanks a lot.
Alberto

Brian's Mail list account
 

Well, logically, it has to be the change to python version, unless you can find out that the code handing these ports had to be rewritten for the new nvda version. You need to somehow trace what is used to get the dll to output to the right place or get its input.
I'm out of my depth with this, just offering some logical thought processes, that is all.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Buffolino" <a.buffolino@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 11:18 AM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Helpf for 2019.3 and a dll


Hi all,
I'm trying to port an old Braille display driver to 2019.3. I packaged it in .nvda-addon, and under 2019.2 it works. Then, updating to 2019.3, even if there is apparently no error in code, it suddenly works bad.
If I understood correctly, it seems that the DLL, loaded with windll.LoadLibrary, now returns always 0, even if serial port and baud are correct.
Do you have any idea?
You can find repo here:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/mb408sl-driver
Thanks a lot.
Alberto

Alberto Buffolino
 

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io, il 14/02/2020 17.06, ha scritto:
Well, logically, it has to be the change to python version, unless you can find out that the code handing these ports had to be rewritten for the new nvda version.
Alberto:
obviously :) I just solved, anyway. The problem was the DLL accepts bytes string, as str was in Python 2, so I used bytes(strArg.encode(...)) as solution (encoding port in mbcs and cells in raw_unicode_escape, hoping this latter gives no problem).
Alberto

Brian's Mail list account
 

Subtle changes in how data should be presented seem to be quite common in the newer Python.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Buffolino" <a.buffolino@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Helpf for 2019.3 and a dll


Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io, il 14/02/2020 17.06, ha scritto:
Well, logically, it has to be the change to python version, unless you can find out that the code handing these ports had to be rewritten for the new nvda version.
Alberto:
obviously :) I just solved, anyway. The problem was the DLL accepts bytes string, as str was in Python 2, so I used bytes(strArg.encode(...)) as solution (encoding port in mbcs and cells in raw_unicode_escape, hoping this latter gives no problem).
Alberto