Topics

GetObject equivalent

Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC)

I'm trying to change cursor shape and maximize the window of a terminal emulator with a keystroke.  In JAWS you set the object to a variable using GetObject and then change the settings via that variable. Working JAWS script snippet below.  What is the equivalent to getobject?  Is it comhelper.getactiveobject?

In Jaws
oReflection = GetObject ("R2WIN")

oReflection.CursorShape  = 1

Abdel

Hi,

Try comHelper.getActiveObject or comtypes.client.GetActiveObject.

Have you tested them?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/08/2020 à 22:18, Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC) via groups.io a écrit :
I'm trying to change cursor shape and maximize the window of a terminal emulator with a keystroke.  In JAWS you set the object to a variable using GetObject and then change the settings via that variable. Working JAWS script snippet below.  What is the equivalent to getobject?  Is it comhelper.getactiveobject?

In Jaws
oReflection = GetObject ("R2WIN")

oReflection.CursorShape  = 1

Bill Dengler

If you’re trying to modify an existing object, wouldn’t you just want to add a custom overlay class that overrides whatever methods you need?

Bill