Topics

GetObject equivalent

Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC)

I'm trying to change cursor shape and maximize the window of a terminal emulator with a keystroke.  In JAWS you set the object to a variable using GetObject and then change the settings via that variable. Working JAWS script snippet below.  What is the equivalent to getobject?  Is it comhelper.getactiveobject? 

In Jaws
oReflection = GetObject ("R2WIN")

oReflection.CursorShape  = 1

Abdel

Hi,

Try comHelper.getActiveObject or comtypes.client.GetActiveObject.

Have you tested them?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/08/2020 à 22:18, Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC) via groups.io a écrit :
I'm trying to change cursor shape and maximize the window of a terminal emulator with a keystroke.  In JAWS you set the object to a variable using GetObject and then change the settings via that variable. Working JAWS script snippet below.  What is the equivalent to getobject?  Is it comhelper.getactiveobject? 

In Jaws

Bill Dengler

If you’re trying to modify an existing object, wouldn’t you just want to add a custom overlay class that overrides whatever methods you need?

Bill

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Abdel
Sent: Saturday, 29 August 2020 17:53
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] GetObject equivalent

Hi,

Try comHelper.getActiveObject or comtypes.client.GetActiveObject.

Have you tested them?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/08/2020 à 22:18, Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC) via groups.io a écrit :

In Jaws