Topics

FW: [nvda] Running NVDA as a virtualise app using App-v #winten1709

Hi,

Any thoughts?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Genevieve Nolasco
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Running NVDA as a virtualise app using App-v #winten1709

Hi guys, we use NVDA 2017.2 on Windows 7 and it is running as a virtualised app using App-v just fine.

We are moving to use Windows 10 and so are transferring our apps across to the new OS.

We've had a few hurdles with using the newest version of NVDA 2019.1.1 as a virtualised app in win 10 though, but we've gotten over them so far. There's one that we are facing now that we are at a loss as to how to fix or get around.

We start it up and it seems to work fine, but when we open the log viewer we see at the bottom:
WARNING - audioDucking._setDeuckingState(10:22:18:661)
Unable to set ducking state:ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED.

It may well be some settings on our side that we are missing ie permission on a folder or something like that as the error suggests, but we're just now sure what impact this error has.

Is anyone able to tell us what this means and what it affects and potentially which location it might be trying to access and not allowed?

Also, can I confirm that we can use NVDA as a virtualized app? Maybe we just got lucky with the older version, but in reality NVDA should not be run as a virtual app.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen some attempts to package NVDA inside AppV, without much luck. May be we did it wrong, though.

As for audio ducking, I would say that it isn't at all important.

Regards,

Leonard